General information for newspaper advertisers
- Country World is printed on Mondays and published on Thursday
each week throughout the entire year. Advertising deadlines are as follows:
Display ROP Advertising. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .12 noon Thurs.*+
Classified Display Advertising. . . . . . . 5 p.m. Friday*+
Classified Word Ad Advertising. . . . . . . . .9 a.m. Monday*
*To appear in the following Thursday's edition of Country World
+Proofed advertising must be received by 3 p. m. Friday prior to the run date.
- All advertisements are accepted and published by the publisher entirely on the representation that the agency and/or the advertiser are properly authorized to publish the entire contents and subject matter thereof. It is understood that, in consideration of the publication of advertisements, the advertiser and/or agency will indemnify and save the publisher harmless from and against any claim or suits for libel, violation of right of privacy, plagiarism, copyright infringement and any other claims or suits based on the contents or subject matter of such publication.
- Country World newspaper reserves the right to reject any advertising. Advertisements simulating Country World newspaper editorial matter in appearance or style or which are not immediately identifiable as advertisements will have the word "advertisement" placed above and/or below.
- Not responsible for inaccurate key numbers when type is stripped in.
- Orders must indicate definite amount of space and offer all color details.
- Orders which contain incorrect rates or conditions will be inserted and charged for at regular schedule rates. Such errors will be regarded only as clerical.
- Rates subject to change without notice. Orders beyond three months accepted at rates then prevailing.
- All advertising payable in U.S. dollars.
- Publisher reserves the right to hold advertiser and/or agency jointly and severely liable for such monies as are due and payable to the publisher.
Ad Submission Requirements for the newspaper
Advertisers must adhere to the following list of supported formats and programs to ensure your advertisement appears as it should, and no extra conversion charges are incurred. Files may be sent on disk, email, web upload or FTP. Please contact your sales representative or our webmaster for more information. Please note that Country World newspaper is constructed on Apple Macintosh computers -- the PC formats noted are the only ones supported.
- Media: Iomega ZIP disk - Mac & PC; 3.5" floppy diskette - Mac & PC; DVD, CD, CD-R and CD-RW - Mac & PC, most forms of flash memory.
- Software programs (Mac & PC): QuarkXPress versions 3.32 to 6.5; Adobe Illustrator versions 6.0 to CS; Adobe Photoshop versions 3.0 to CS; Adobe PageMaker 7, Adobe InDesign CS, Freehand MX, Illustrator CS. Please, do not send advertisements created in Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft Works, or Word Perfect ( we will have to reset it). If text information must be sent, simply copy it from your word processor into an e-mail message. Plain text is always simplest.
- Fonts: Due to the requirements of digitally processing the newspaper, only Postscript fonts can be used. Bitmap fonts are not supported in most programs and TrueType fonts (PC) cannot be used at all. Fonts not received as Postscript fonts will be matched and substituted for same at publisher's discretion. Contact Country World if you have a question concerning font usage.
- Images and "Camera-Ready" formats: All image files must be submitted as either PDF, Jpeg (.jpg), Tiff (.tif) or EPS (.eps) files. Color images must be converted to or saved as CMYK and have a resolution of no lower than 300 dpi. Web graphics and RGB files cannot be used in print media. Adobe Illustrator and Macromedia Freehand files must be submitted as EPS files accompanied with the supporting Postscript fonts (you may convert all text to paths (shapes) to omit font-dependancy), or send the file as a PDF.
- Submission: All digital media to be e-mailed or transferred via file transfer protocol (ftp) must be compressed into either a Mac-compatible self-extracting archive file such as a .sea, .sit. or .hqx, or within a .zip file (PC). Please contact your local sales representative on who to send electronic files to. It is recommended that disks be labeled with the software programs and version as well as the name of the submitting party and the ad the disk contains.